Charolette, North Carolina
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Are you a qualified private or commercial pilot with formal manned aviation training experience and a rock solid understanding of P135 training, competency and line check programs? If you are the type of person who has a critical eye for detail, the ability to solve problems in a complex environment, and are passionate about building and managing a revolutionary and ever evolving training program, this role is the perfect fit for you!
Zipline is looking for a Training / Evaluation Manager to join our US Flight Operations team based in North Carolina. As the Training / Evaluation Manager at Zipline, you will report to the Director of Flight Operations and will be responsible for compliant execution of the flight operations training, line, and competency check programs. These programs include planning/scheduling, FAA/internal compliance and evolution of associated programs to ensure the size, scope and delivery of the training can support projected growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for continued development, evolution and compliant execution of the P135 training, line and competency checking programs
- Schedule and manage FAA notification (when applicable) for all training, line and competency checks
- Function as point of contact for FAA and internal training related questions
- Maintain appropriate crew records and general record compliance as per the General Operations Manual and Training Manual
- Build, schedule and occasionally conduct training classes, line and competency checks ● Analyze and drive continuous flight operations improvements based on identified training and operations deficiencies.
- Oversee and develop training, while checking related content/materials for accuracy and version control in addition to regular training related audits.
- Maintain visibility into equipment manufacturer changes and align all training content/materials appropriately to ensure training program compliance.
- Manage flight ops instructors and evaluators and ensure appropriate personnel coverage ● Continuously work to evolve the training program to support size, scope and future systems of intended use.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Flight Operations
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation, training or safety related field, preferred
- Must have Private, Commercial or military equivalent pilot certificate
- Must have a Remote Pilot’s Certificate (RPC)
- 5+ years experience in part 121, part 135 or military aviation environment
- 3+ years of flight operations training program experience (manned or unmanned)
- Deep understanding of P135 or P121 training, line and competency check requirements
- Willing to travel 30% – 40% of the time.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Must be willing to relocate to Charolette, North Carolina
- Must be able to pass a background and pre-employment drug and alcohol test. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing after initial employment.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies. We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech.
If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!